· Started water service replacements along Glendale Road
· Excavated for concrete curb & gutter and driveway replacement along north side of Glendale Road
· Installed and rough graded topsoil along Ronald Road behind previously installed concrete curb & gutter and driveways.
· General site clean-up in preparation for Labor Day Weekend.
Work Anticipated to be completed This week, September 5th to September 9th
· Complete water service replacements along Glendale Road
· Make final connection between existing water main and new water main near Glendale Road and Warren Road
· Abandon old fire hydrants and valves from old water system
· Excavate and form concrete curb & gutter and driveways on south side of Glendale Road and cul-de-sac
· Pour concrete curb & gutter and driveways on south side of Glendale Road and cul-de-sac
The contractor will complete water service replacements along Glendale Road this week. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
The final connection between the old water main and the new water main is also schedule this week. In order to make this connection, the water will need to be turned off. The Village of Glenview Water Department will notify those residents affected by the shut-down the day prior to the work occurring.
Once the water services are completed and the final connection is made, the underground utility portion of the project will be completed. The contractor will also begin abandoning the old water system by removing the old fire hydrants and water valves along the project.
The contractor has also started preparing for concrete curb & gutter replacement on the north side of Glendale Road. It is anticipated the concrete curb & gutter and driveways on the north side of Glendale Road will be completed by the end of the week.
The contractor will then begin excavating and framing for the curb & gutter on the south side of Glendale Road and cul-de-sac. The concrete curb & gutter and driveway replacement on the south side of Glendale Road, including the cul-de-sac, will be started this week and should be completed early next week.